Evergreen is an interesting looking afghan. The pictures make it look a lot more difficult than it really is. It’s basically a bunch of V stitches. Now I’ve decided I need an afghan photographer. Mine pictures just aren’t as impressive as those professionals. Unfortunately I’d probably have to pay in afghans, so I’ll be doing my own pictures for the foreseeable future.
The picture from the book had this looking so thick and intricate, I was sure it would be a major headache to do.
When you look at it from the side it’s easy to see the V stitches.
This afghan is a bit smaller than most of the afghans I have made lately. It doesn’t quite cover my bed. It has a nice length. I imagine most of these school color afghans will be used for football games, and no one wants a huge blanket for that anyway.
It is a pretty neat looking afghan. It could easily be made wider. Since each row worked runs top to bottom it felt like I was working on it forever with very little progress. I did finally get it finished after working through most of Thanksgiving and my church’s craft night. Now I guess I have one more to finish for teachers this year!