You may remember my picture of a previous attempt at Fall Splendor:
Even though I had a lot of issues, I did get a note from one of the hotel housekeepers for this one.
Thanks to a tip from fiveboysmom, I was able to get this one done correctly. I just did not want to do my cluster stitches around the Fpdc on the other side of this one. That is how it had to be done. It is written that way. It makes sense. I just had some sort of mind block preventing me from wanting to do it that way. When I was doing it wrong, the reverse side looked and felt like those waffle weave blankets.
While I did get the stitches correct (I counted every row), I still messed up on this afghan. After getting about half way through it, it had gotten pretty heavy. The bulk of what I had done would fall off my lap. My stitches got looser. This is the reason that it did not turn out to be a perfect rectangle as it should have. Luckily, this was a gift for someone we love like family, so she seems to overlook its flaws!
This is the last of the school afghans I had planned. This one went to the kids’ bus driver. She is also our neighbor, so it was okay that it wasn’t quite finished before the end of school. We still got it to her before Christmas.
I do have some of these colors left. I don’t know if I’ll go ahead and use them together or put them with other colors for afghans. You’ll find out shortly after I do.